Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
We are down to our last March birthday; as it happens, she was born on the first day of spring which is so appropriate because she is and always has been a breath of fresh air. She has a way of always looking at the bright side of things and always giving people the benefit of the doubt. As stunning as she is to look at on the outside, her inside is even more beautiful. She thinks of others much more frequently than she ever thinks of herself. She is wiser than her years - and we're excited for her as she begins this new chapter of adulthood and begins to spread her wings and fly. I'm grateful to have played a small role in her life; she has taught me many more things than I have ever taught her and I find myself wondering what I will do without hearing her happy voice and seeing the glimmer in her eyes every day. When I close my eyes, I will always see you in the largest dress up hat and most sparkly dress you could find, dancing and singing your heart out and twirling around the living room. Here's to you, my adorable "P"...your future is brighter than the stars and I am so excited for you. Never forget that you are loved and adored. Happy, happy 18th birthday!!!!
Friday, March 9, 2012
I'm taking a fun little class on Thursday nights - thank you, Amy at Memory Mixer. This week we worked on putting together a page of multiple pictures; I thought of the great trip we took in December to Temple Square when we were in Utah. It's a little crazy that I'm doing Christmas pictures while I'm sitting in sunny Southern CA in 80 degree weather with my front door open. But it was such a fun evening walking from "S and E's" place down the street and even though it was bitter cold outside (yes, I've gone wimpy), it was one of my favorite memories of that trip. I love the look of all the Christmas lights in the background. But then, I'm a sucker for Christmas lights. Happy Spring, love cats. :)
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
I LOVE the month of March for many reasons, but for the Hall household one of the great things about March is the parade of birthdays throughout the month. Our first birthday belongs to "B" who turns 15 TODAY - yay! Last night at her birthday dinner, she got a fortune cookie that said, "Good news is coming your way. It will be here any day." That seems like a great way to start her birthday!
In honor of "Miss B", here are 15 random things about her that always make me smile:
15. She is super creative. When she was little, she could do amazing things with paper, scissors, tape and a stapler! Sometime, I'll post some pictures. :)
14. She has been looking forward to this year since she was in elementary school. The thought of she and "P" being in the same school, driving together and hanging out has been a dream for years.
13. She is a great and extraordinarily loyal friend.
12. She likes everybody in the family to always be happy.
11. She has the most random taste in music - where that came from, I'll never know. But I love that she always wants me to listen to her "favorite" song.
10. She's super athletic and equally competitive. Just try to convince her that she can't do something.
9. She misses her older brothers and talks about them all the time.
8. She won't take a lunch to school unless it has "cute" food in it.
7. She LOVES to sleep!!
6. Her sister is her best friend.
5. She would eat Orange Chicken for every meal for the rest of her life.
4. She measures time according to how many months she has until she can drive and has always been sure that her Dad bought the Mustang just for her.
3. She plans out what she's going to wear before she goes to sleep every night and she can't go to bed until she does.
2. She wants to live in Pennsylvania when she gets older - after she goes to college in Hawaii.
1. She adds a HUGE dose of fun to our family. We would be lost without her!
Happy Birthday to our favorite 15 year old!!