Friday, April 2, 2010

My Cooking Dilema....

Okay, so this week I made two things that were both big hits - my dilema was which one to post! I decided to post the easiest one first(although if you know the way I cook, nothing is really very difficult) and save the second in case one week everything I make turns out gross. The receipe is meant as an appetizer and I made it one night when I knew dinner was going to be late. We ate it ALL and ended up counting it as dinner since we were good and full when we finished. Here's my recipe for the week:

Black and White Bean Dip
1 can of black beans-drained
1 can of white beans-drained
1 can of shoepeg corn-drained..okay I didn't have shoepeg corn and I had never even heard of it, so I just used regular corn and it was fine
1 7oz can of Herdez salsa verde
2 cups of shredded Colby Jack cheese
4-6 chopped roma tomatoes
garlic salt to taste
Avocado-optional

Preheat oven to 400. Put everything (except for the avocado) in a bowl and mix together. Spray a shallow baking dish with nonstick spray before spooning in the bean mixture. Sprinkle a little cheese on top and pop into the oven. Bake for 10-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and it is all warm and bubbly. Remove from oven and sprinkle with diced avocado and serve with tortilla chips---YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment