Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Reunited


A couple of weeks ago, I had lunch with my amazing, wonderful, forever-friend, college roommate! She was in town for a seminar and happily we were able to get together for lunch. It was more fun than I can even express; if you didn't know better, you'd think that we lived around the corner - not that it had been years since we had seen each other! Nearly every story ended with one of us if not both of us busting out in laughter. She is SO much fun to be around. I've been thinking about all the things that we have in common that have helped us remain close friends:
*We both married terrific guys
*We both had four children - two boys and two girls!
*We were in each other's weddings
*We have faithfully sent Christmas cards to each other every year
*We both love to laugh
*In college, we made popcorn every day
*We were each other's therapy when it came to the guys we dated
*She is responsible for my love of poppy-seed salad dressing because we used to eat these big salads with poppy-seed dressing
*We've both had ups and downs

My list could go on and on, but the truth of the matter is that the biggest thing that we have in common is our love for each other. You're wonderful, Evelyn. I absolutely love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment