Monday, August 1, 2011

I Am A Flake......





I am horrified! Our family had one of the most stupendous moments a family can have and what I have done - absolutely nothing. I am a flake!!! The truth is, I have been busy enjoying my kids this summer - even though two of them are far away in Utah, we did LOVE having them "home" for a week in May, and the rest of us have been running and playing without them. Which brings me to one of the stupendous moments....
HE'S HOME!!!! It's true. The moment a mother never thinks will happen actually happened. My beautiful blonde boy is home from Argentina. Now, 2 months later he continues to be doing great and is looking forward to going away again (gasp!) to college. Truth be told, we're excited for him and look forward to hearing about his college adventures.
Other than that, we have had some fun summer moments, including a beach moment gone wrong. I'm going to post the picture and some time I'll tell the story. But let me just say that when Mark and I left the sandy beach where we were sitting with our kids, we were dry. Let me take it one step further by saying I lost a new beach chair, sun glasses and Mark's baseball hat when we were hit by the tsunami. Okay, it might not have been THAT bad, but it was the BIGGEST wave I have ever been hit by. The worst part was that I couldn't control my laughter.
More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment