Friday, May 21, 2010

One Year In The Field....



Yesterday marked one year in the mission field for "R" or as I should probably say, "Elder Hall". Everytime people ask about him and how long he's been gone, they conclude with "it's been THAT long already?" Yep...one year in the field.
When I really think about it, I remember having these same feelings about "S": the time has gone by quickly, but when I think about how long it's been since I've actually seen him it seems like forever. Now, I don't want to sound like one of those "moping", depressed moms, so I'll quickly follow up my last comment with "I'm so glad he is where he is" and how grateful I am that he is with people that he loves and who love him. That is absolutely the truth. I also know that this experience is changing his life forever and is giving him experiences that he simply wouldn't receive if he was here. He is becoming the young man that the Lord needs him to be.
When his letter arrives next week, I'm looking forward to hearing about how he "burned a shirt" to celebrate. And now I can relish the fact that I can begin to count backwards: next month he'll have 11 months left in the field!
Love you, Big Man!

No comments:

Post a Comment