Friday, July 10, 2009

Ramblings.....

Yesterday we got an email and pics from "R" - it was so great to hear from him and seeing him was just the best. He couldn't look happier. The girls think he looks taller and thinner - I guess that's what good, clean living will do for you. Seeing him made my 'mommy heart' miss him all the more. I posted a couple of his pics on facebook and a friend we haven't seen for years said, " He used to be just a little boy. What happened?" That's what I'd like to know.
Love you, big man...
I'm getting ready to take the girls on a little summer trip. I'm looking forward to a change of scenery and seeing family. As always, I feel like I've got a million things to do before I leave.
We have family staying with us right now - it's a rare luxury, so we are enjoying every minute of having them here. Today we are planning on heading to the beach. I'm excited about that because I think that will be the first time I've gone this summer. I love the beach.
"S" is on a little trip of his own. He called last night to say he's having a great time. I couldn't talk long because we were trying to move some furniture, but I'll call him later today and have him tell me more. I'm so glad he's so happy.
I heard a great quote the other day: "When one candle lights another, it loses nothing of itself." It makes me think how we should all do a little more to help each other. I'm grateful for the many people who help me burn brighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment