Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Day Of Giggles....

When I woke up this morning I was immediately sad because my #1 favorite sitcom wasn't going to be on tonight. I LOVE this show; it's the perfect thing to get me over hump day. The other day, "P" told one of my friends that Mark and I were just like Phil and Claire...hummmm. I've thought that myself a time or two.
As depressed as I was over the fact that I was going to actually have to come up with a Plan B for tonight, there were a couple of things that happened today that almost made me laugh right out loud.
I was in WalMart and this little boy was walking with his mother, who was obviously very preoccupied. He was rattling off some little story and she wasn't paying a bit of attention. Out of nowhere, this little kid says to his preoccupied mom, "Look what I can do." Preoccupied Mom says: "I don't have time to look. Can you just tell me about it." Little boy: "I am licking my armpit." Preoccupied mom looks stunned, stops and says, "Ewww...don't do that, it's gross." She may have thought it was gross, but I thought it was hilarious. I miss those little kid moments which brings me to my next laugh....
Last time "S" and "E" were visiting, "S" who always delights in getting a reaction out of me informs me what when he and "E" have kids he's thinking seriously about naming his first boy Odom. Yes, that's right - as in Lamar. Why not just put a "kick me" sign on little Odom's back. He also told me that he liked the girl's name Skye. I felt myself flinch when he said it, but I don't think I actually said anything. Good thing I have some time to practice my poker face.
Who would have thought that a day without Modern Family could still be funny....

No comments:

Post a Comment